Monday, February 4, 2008

Thus begins the longest six weeks EVER.

No, my bag isn't packed, Daniel's dresser isn't done, we haven't picked a pediatrician, and he's not fat enough to be born yet anyway...but WOW I'm getting antsy. Ever since hitting week 30 (four weeks ago, by the way), I've been feeling an undercurrent of "soon...soon" that makes it hard to wait. Not that there's a choice!

I'm trying to stay distracted with projects. David's pants are FINALLY done and he's wearing them today; he'll probably get a couple more pairs this week because I'm in pants-making mode. This happens about once every three years. I got pattern paper in the mail on Saturday and plan on making some cute after-baby clothes for me...and maybe a coming home outfit for Daniel.

Our tomato sprouts are still growing...and we plant asparagus soon. I'm excited about that one. We eat lots of asparagus at our house, always stir-fried or roasted and left a little crunchy; I still think mushy asparagus is disgusting.